Monday 14 October 2013

He who angers you conquers you

Pouring gasoline on fire and throwing some water will not work. If you STOP pouring gasoline then throwing water, that may help. Anger is not caused by other people, it is an angry persons imagination working over time.

So I don't want this post to stress you out even more than life might be stressing you out already, I merely want it to help some of you who, like I, might suffer from anger problems, mind stress and/or a quick temper.







                                                                                                                                                                                    Have you ever felt like your head is literally about to explode because something might have pissed you off in the morning say, and then every little thing that happens throughout that day seems to irritate you and build up inside you, until the point where you have no option to get it out one way or another?

Some people do this violently or verbally, but lashing out at others that are merely in your way or even trying to help you is only going to make thing worse. Others release the anger physically by going on a run, a bike ride or even a session with a punching bag. For me? None of these really helped as I tried them all but never seemed to be able to release all my anger. I often go for runs as it does help a lot to clear my head, but never fully rids the anger. I feel sometimes that I have so much inside me that need to get out, that its impossible to let any of it go and so it just builds up even more. In these cases it has lead to breakdowns, fainting and even mild depression. You feel like you are stuck inside your head and its almost like the sides are closing in on you with no way out.

 
 
Quite often there is no real cause for our anger. We might have woken up in a bad mood or someone has done something to annoy us, but we frequently get ourselves worked up on our own accord. If you are in a bad mood, on your period or just feeling down, then say to yourself that you are going to just maybe keep quite and not let things others around you may be saying aggravate you. I can guarantee you that this way, your anger wont be able to build up inside you as there will be nothing to add to it. You will also notice that the bad mood/bad day, will pass much quicker in order for you to either find time to be alone, or simply go home and get away from school.
 
If you find some people can irritate you on a regular basis, then you can actually learn from this and think to yourself- do I irritate others like this? and if the answers yes- do something about it. I have often annoyed people in the past but I can assure you (even if I've annoyed one of you reading this and what I'm about to say seems unlikely), that every single time I have tried to make amends. It is something I have always done as I really hate the feeling that someone doesn't want to be around me or is irritated by something I've done. There are always going to be the people that you don't get on with which is fine- we are all humans and personalities naturally clash, but maybe you could try to be civil with someone you know is not particularly keen on you and who knows you might alter their opinion. Opinions can change. You can change. You can change your life in less than a second if you wanted to.
 
If you, like me, get wound up about absolutely minute things that are way out of your control, the only thing to do is let it go. Don't sit there and fume over what you cant change- focus on the aspects of life that you CAN change and I can promise you that this will make an improvement.
 
I really hope that this has helped at least one of you maybe figure out why you get so angery, avoid the anger completely or given you some ideas of how to deal with your anger once you have it.
Have a lovely day, full of smiles and giggles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment